The Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN) is a national non-governmental organization promoting Reproductive Health (RH) in Nigeria. As a full member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), PPFN has expanded the scope of its programs beyond family planning to cover broad reproductive health, emphasizing the needs of adolescents and young people and safe motherhood. PPFN seeks suitably qualified candidates for the position:
Post: CLINIC OFFICER: (Ref.: PPFN/SWR/Lagos/CO23)
Number Required: Two (2)
Location: PPFN Clinic, Lagos
This position aims to organize and deliver integrated reproductive health and family planning services in a friendly environment at both clinic and outreach levels.
- Sc. in Nursing or Registered Nurse /Midwife
- Certificate in Family Planning.
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience in SRH/FP provision.
- Excellent contextual, analytical, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Team leadership and team playing qualities/experience.
- Familiarity with the WHO eligibility criteria for contraceptive use.
- Computer literacy skill ( a key requirement for use in Clinic Information Management System)
- Sensitive and caring but firm in dealing with junior-level staff.
- Strong knowledge of SRH/FP work
- Familiarity and varied experience with clinic (layout) setting and management.
- Skills in an integrated approach and syndromic management of cases
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Suitably qualified persons are invited to send in their one-page letter of application for the position and justification for their applications, comprehensive career resume (not more than 5 pages), and personal contact address (not post office box address please) not later than two weeks of this publication (quoting position reference) to:
The Regional Coordinator
PPFN South West Regional Office
74, Liberty Stadium Road, Ibadan
All responses to this advertisement should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are advised to download and complete “Applicant’s Forms 1 and Application Form 2” and submit them along with the application.
PPFN subscribes to all best practices when working with children and vulnerable adults and advocates that they (children and vulnerable adults) should be treated with respect regardless of their race, colour, gender, language, religion, opinions, nationality, ethnicity, social origin, property, disability or other status.
PPFN does not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, ethnic origin, political belief, gender, disability, age, education, or social status especially in applications for membership, providing information or services, recruiting staff, or in any other aspect of PPFN’s work and in the pursuit of its objects”. Female applicants are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.