The Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN) is a national non-governmental organization promoting Reproductive Health (RH) in Nigeria. As a full member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), PPFN has expanded the scope of its programmes beyond family planning to cover broad reproductive health, emphasizing the needs of adolescents, young people, and safe motherhood. PPFN seeks suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant position:
Post: CLINIC OFFICER (Ref.: COOW22) Duration: THREE (3) YEARS CONTRACT Location: PPFN CLINIC OWERRI, IMO STATE, SOUTH EAST, NIGERIA
The purpose of this position is to organize and deliver integrated reproductive health and family planning services in a friendly environment at both clinic and outreach levels
- B.Sc. in Nursing or Registered Nurse/Midwife
- Certificate in Family Planning
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience as a trained service provider in SRH/FP
- Excellent contextual, analytical, writing, and oral communication skills
- Team leadership and team play qualities/experience
- Familiarity with the WHO eligibility criteria for contraceptive use
- Computer literacy skills
- Sensitive and caring but firm in dealing with clients
- Strong knowledge of SRH/FP work
- Familiarity and varied experience in a clinic setting (layout) and management
- Skills in an integrated approach and syndromic management of cases
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Suitably qualified persons are invited to send in their one-page letter of application indicating the position applied and justification for their application, comprehensive career resume (not more than 5 pages) and personal contact address (not post office box address please) not later than two weeks of this publication ( quoting the reference on the letter) to:
The Regional Coordinator
Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN)
South East Regional Office
4, Onitsha Road, besides Radio Nigeria Enugu
Enugu State, Nigeria
Each applicant is required to access and download “Applicant’s Forms 1 and 2” from the link below, and fill and submit them along with his or her application to the email address indicated above.
PPFN subscribes to all best practices when working with children and vulnerable adults and advocates that they (children and vulnerable adults) should be treated
with respect regardless of their race, colour, gender, language, religion, opinions, nationality, ethnicity, social origin, property, disability or other status.
PPFN does not discriminate on grounds of race, creed, ethnic origin,
political belief, gender, disability, age, education or social status
especially in applications for membership, providing information or
services, in recruiting staff, or in any other aspect of PPFN’s
work and in the pursuit of its objects”.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.