Creative Communications Expert
Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN) is a volunteer-based, non-governmental Organization established in 1964 to provide and enable services and champion Sexual Reproductive health and Rights (SRHR) for all. We are complementing the effort of the Nigerian Government in making health services available to the most vulnerable by promoting universal access to sexual and reproductive health services that are stigma-free, effective, and affordable for everyone.
As a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) we are working closely with IPPF, and Member Associations in Kenya and Tanzania on Strategic Communications Project, which will develop and test new communications methodologies to build support for Family Planning and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Africa.
In Nigeria, we have developed two small-scale strategic communications campaigns targeting Kano State. Values-based campaign messages have been developed and tested with key target audiences. As a result of message testing, we now have a clear understanding of which general message framing is most effective to incite a positive shift in attitude with our target audiences. As a next step, we are looking to work with a creative communications company to develop externally facing communication content in form of video and audio.
Scope of work and specific deliverables:
The successful consultant will undertake the following tasks
- Work with PPFN to develop scripts for four video (two per target audience) and two audio (one per target audience) content.
- Work with PPFN to produce videos based on approved scripts.
- Edit videos (including addition of English subtitles) and submit to PPFN for final approval.
Timeframe and level of effort:
We have a small budget to complete this work, noting the piloting will also take place on a small scale in one state (Kano State) in Northern Nigeria. Given this, we have estimated approx. 14days work. However, we are open to hearing from potential candidates on how to approach the brief and number of days required
- Work with PPFN to develop scripts for four videos (two per target audience) and two audio (one per target audience) content- 3 days
- Work with PPFN to Produce videos– 7 days
- Edit videos (including the addition of English subtitles) and submit to PPFN for final approval-4days
The consultant will report to and work in close collaboration with the Communications and Marketing Officer, Zainab Mukhtar (email@example.com).
Given this work is being delivered in multiple countries, to ensure streamlining the consultant will also have a dotted-line remote connection with the Global Project Manager for the Strategic Communications Initiative, who is based at IPPF’s European Network office in Brussels.
Skills and qualifications:
- Significant experience in developing compelling visual communications campaign content in the context of Nigeria;
- Advanced oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of SRHR and Family Planning;
- Knowledge of strategic and values-based communications work is desirable.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 PM February 2nd, 2022. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Based upon the scope of the assignment, the consultant is expected to submit a production schedule along with samples of relevant work previously done as well as a budget for the production of the video content. Consultants should demonstrate professional competency in their tender submissions.